2016 Home Remodeling Trends Outlook
Tired of cookie cutter designs? Creating a one-of-a kind home environment to fit a homeowner’s unique tastes and lifestyle is one of the biggest overall trends in remodeling and renovation. In fact, non-traditional custom designed areas, such as, functional workspaces, technology stations, pet amenity areas, spa-like bathrooms and indoor-outdoor connectivity spaces are just a few ways homeowners are giving their living environment a unique edge to make their home exceptional.
Mike Dodd, president and chief executive officer for Wineteer Construction, recently shared his insight for the top trends for homeowners to consider updating in 2016:
- Larger more spacious room size to include luxurious oversized islands and large pantries.
- Adding colored stainless steel appliances, including black stainless steel and Sunset Bronze finishes.
- Traditional white cabinets and stone countertops are being replaced with a mix of modern materials, finishes and colors. For example, stainless steel and quartz countertops with a combination of painted cabinetry can deliver an entirely different “wow” factor.
- Stylish wallpaper and furniture-grade custom cabinetry to create a grand living space.
- Medicine cabinets are being replaced with large ornate mirrors.
- Bidets are making a comeback in master bathrooms.
- Spa-like amenities, including cabinetry, recessed lighting and stylish counter tops.
- Pet amenity spaces that include a dog shower, special storage space and feeding station with easy access to outdoor spaces.
- Connected indoor-outdoor spaces with oversized glass doors that, when opened, flow easily from one area to another.
- Energy efficient LED lighting is quickly becoming the industry standard, especially now that it is dimmable.
- New technology has advanced the popularity of gas fireplaces and inserts now that they don’t present the hassles that traditional wood-burning fireplaces do.
What’s top on your remodeling list for 2016? Contact us to learn how we can take your vision tocustom-tailor a unique, distinctive design.