Make Way for National Barbecue Month!
Summer is right around the corner, which means inviting neighbors over for plenty of cookouts and good times. A well-conceived, well-constructed outdoor living space will turn your yard into so much more—a place to interact with family, friends…and even nature. According to the Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Association, the following top barbecue trends are:
- 75% of U.S. adults own a grill or smoker.
- 62% of households that own a grill own a gas grill, followed by charcoal (53%), and electric (12%).
- The most popular days to barbecue are: Fourth of July (76%), Labor Day (62%), Memorial Day (62%), Father’s Day (49%), Mother’s Day (34%).
- The majority of grill owners (63%) enjoy using their grill or smoker year-round. In fact, 43% cook at least once a month in the winter months.
- Ten percent of all grill owners have a backyard kitchen (featuring premium furniture and lighting).
So, are you ready to up your grilling game to a healthy level? Here’s a recipe from Mike Dodd, our resident fisherman and CEO, to try during your next outdoor barbecue event:
Click here to download this recipe.
Extend Your Living Space
The concept of outdoor living is mainly to extend the living space of the home outdoors to be enjoyed as another “room.” This used to mean a simple grill with a patio table for dining, but we have come a long way since then. Features such as storage spaces, refrigerators, dishwashers, built-in sinks, bottle rails, cocktail bars, seating options, and food preparation areas, as well as entertaining features like televisions and surround sound are among the products HPBA anticipates gaining prominence.
First floor decks are in! In fact, by constructing your deck as close to the first floor level as possible, you are creating an easy transition for your family by avoiding steps, which appeals to most with small children or those who might need ambulatory assistance. This will also help with the resale value of the home, because aging buyers will view this as an asset. Keeping your deck space flat will also give you the most use of the total square footage and an effortless inside to outside progression.
Wineteer Construction is expert in creating beautiful, functional spaces. Contact us to discuss how we can take your backyard vision and make it a reality!